Screenshot Moonday

No, no title mispellings. Just me being silly.

What lies behind the ominous gate deep beneath the earth?



Speaking of earth, I swear. It's one of the best sounding words in that kind of context, but there is no Earth in the Forgotten Realms, so it kind of makes that word a little bit awkward. Like what am I supposed to say? "Deep beneath the ground?" Or maybe "Deep beneath the Toril?" Yea, that last sounds too much like turmoil or toil for that to work. Although I imagine its common enough for others to forget that fact and continue playing without questioning it. And here I am ranting.

3 comments:

  Jclef

March 3, 2008 at 12:59 PM

Nice screenshot!

Yeah though call there:

-Deep beneath the soil?

  EC

March 7, 2008 at 9:46 AM

Nice shot. I especially like the lighting on the door, and the stack of sarcophagi.

While there is no Earth in FR, I think it is safe to say that there is, indeed, earth there. The online etymology dictionnary, for isntance, suggests that the name of our planet comes from the word earth used to mean ground, soil etc. rather than the reverse.

  Josh

March 8, 2008 at 6:57 AM

Thanks for the comment and the info, Patterson and Jclef. "earth" it is then.